We are often asked by members, “What should I say about myself?”
Content creators don’t often ask themselves why anyone would be interested in their work. They are devoted, passionate and inspired about it and they believe that should be obvious and appealing to people.
In theory, this is true. But you have to think practically: your content, however awesome it is, is still competing for people’s attention in a very crowded, and easily distracted internet. Understanding how you can make your messages stand out and get people’s attention is essential to your marketing success.
With that in mind, here are some basic tips for helping you write a promo message that will get the community to share your content with their fans.
- Media posts do better. Are you linking to a video, song, or image?
- Increase your trust: add your Twitter ID to your message.
- Create curiosity: use a title, a quote, or ask a question in your message.
- Share reviews: endorsements from people who like your product are the best promotion tool you can ask for.
- Offer to Follow, Like, support others in return for sharing your posts.
- If you’re promoting something time-sensitive, make sure you plan ahead and don’t forget to mention your deadline.
- Are you requesting an action or feedback? Listen, Download, Watch, Comment….
- #Hashtags make it easy for people to find your message by topic. Consider adding one relevant to your topic.
Each user is unique, their content is different, and their promo needs will vary.
Hopefully these suggestions will help you think of ideas for marketing your content. If you still have questions, or need a little inspiration, just reach out. We’ll be happy to take a look and give you some free advice.
Jorge and everyone at CoPromote