An optimistic study points to a bright spot in Facebook’s ever-shifting newsfeed algorithm.
According to an article by ShopIgniter, one way to make your posts stand out is to include links. Media-rich posts still seem to do well, but for those cases when you don’t have media to attach, it’s encouraging to know that adding a link can boost the presence of your posts.
Fortunately for CoPromote members, sharing links is what we’re all about! Any traction our members may lose in the ongoing adjustments, they can make up for it by being connected to a network with thousands of similar people eager to share their posts for them. As reaching your own social circle becomes more difficult, being able to reach beyond your circle becomes increasingly valuable.
Below is an excerpt from the article in Business Insider. Click through for more details.
“ShopIgniter looked at posts made by 15 major brands in the two weeks before and after this later tweak, and found that while reach for text status updates dropped a staggering 65%, reach for photos and videos posted stayed about the same, and reach for link posts actually jumped 30%.”
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-rewards-brands-who-post-links-2014-3#ixzz2wGCHGPk5
Some good tips on boosting your Facebook engagements from the folks at WhoIsHostingThis:
We are particularly in agreement with the first two: Make Connections and Share Content.
At CoPromote, that’s all we do: We connect you with similar members, and you exchange social posts promoting each other.
Give us a try, it’s free to use and you can join with one click via Twitter or Facebook.
For more info on how to use CoPromote, click HERE.
Now you can use CoPromote without leaving Facebook.
Simply look for our app icon in the left margin of your news feed and click on it.
CoPromote will open in a frame within Facebook. You can do everything you always did on CoPromote: create promotions, check on your stats, approve posts to share from the community–all while logged in to Facebook.
Go ahead, give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Facebook announced Tuesday that they are adding two new changes to their newsfeed algorithm.
Via AllFacebook: “Story Bumping”, which allows engaging posts you haven’t seen to be bumped up to the top of News Feed later in the day, and “Last Actor”, which takes into account the last 50 engagements a user has performed, and gives those users a slight bump up in News Feed ranking.”
Based on test results. these changes will help make users’ content more visible. On their blog, Facebook explains: ”With so many stories, there is a good chance people would miss something they wanted to see if we displayed a continuous, unranked stream of information. Our ranking isn’t perfect, but in our tests, when we stop ranking and instead show posts in chronological order, the number of stories people read and the likes and comments they make decrease.”
This is good news for Headliner members. Whenever someone recommends you, we provide a direct link to the post so you can engage new audiences directly. With “Story Bumping” and “Last Actor”, there is a better chance for your recommendations to be “refreshed” in the newsfeed when someone (including you) engages with the post.
We are looking forward to seeing how this improves engagement levels and we’ll be keeping you posted. Meantime, let us know how these changes are working out for you.
Who is using social media, and how are they using it? The answers to that question are forever shifting, so it makes sense to stay on top emerging trends. A recent post at Buffer shares 10 stats that may help you rethink your social media strategy.
- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55–64 year age bracket.
- 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the web
Why you may want to reconsider your social media strategy:
- If you have a “one size fits all” approach to social media, you might be missing out on targeting a growing demographic by not marketing to them differently.
- If you’re not making your content mobile friendly, you are not maximizing your potential reach.
- If people spend the majority of their time online sharing, commenting, and replying to each other’s content on social media, you should be a part of that conversation.
How does Headliner fit into the mix?
- Headliner’s community is as varied as the content they generate. From musicians in their 20s to bloggers in their 30s and small businesses that cater to a wide age range, Headliner’s community is actively sharing thousands of pieces of content daily and providing members tools to custom target heir campaigns.
- Headliner’s recommendations post as status updates directly in people’s news feeds, making content easily accessible to anyone, on any device, anywhere.
- Headliner provides a platform that enable content creators to promote each other, and the tools to measure the resulting engagements. By helping you reach others and giving you the metrics to optimize your strategy, Headliner makes it possible for you to create ongoing conversations with new users, each and every time your content is shared.
To learn more about Headliner’s features or join our rapidly growing community, go to: www.headliner.fm. As always, you can reach us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, live chat, or email, and we’ll gladly brainstorm with you.