A recent study by Online Journalism Blog looked at the click through rates for celebrities and drew a few interesting conclusions that CoPromote members may find useful:
- Celebrities with more balanced follower-to-following ratios (they followed people back), resulted in better engagement rates (more click throughs, retweets)
- Accounts that reply and retweet followers also had better engagement rates
- Politicians, due to the viral nature of their cause-centered work, tended to have better engagements than celebrities.
While you may not be a celebrity or a politician, these are three good points to keep in mind when managing your social media:
- Follow back
- Share content with broad appeal
On CoPromote, our average RT rate is 15%, meaning that for every 100 views a request gets, members can expect 15 shares. This is higher than the average engagement rate partly because members join CoPromote to do one thing: reach new people by sharing each other’s posts. Check the graphs and excerpts below for a preview, and click through for the rest of the report and details.
% of Followers Clicking
- “famous individuals with a higher CTR tend to have a better followers to followed ratio”
- “Katy Perry comes 9th out of the 10 with only 0.06% of her 46 million plus followers clicking on the links she posts.”
- “tweeters who have a better (lower) followers per followed do better when it comes to CTR.”
- “Another factor that comes into play is also the number of @ tweets that each person sends.”
- “Politicians have a ready-made audience who may be more likely to support their causes and retweet their tweets.”